Tech Team | Aptos, CA
Modern Mechanic is a professional IT service and consulting firm providing valuable expertise to business customers in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our customers range from established small businesses to rapidly growing tech startups. We offer a broad range of services from physical network construction to robust A/V collaboration systems, operational optimization, and everything in between. Our company values straightforward communication, impeccable organization and an enthusiasm for cutting edge technology.
Modern Mechanic is seeking an IT Specialist to help support client operations across the Bay Area. As an IT Technician you will help to provide support for end-users, research and test new tools, commission new computers, and assist with the deployment of Network Infrastructure and A/V Systems.
- Provide end-user customer support via email, phone, remote log in, or on-site visits
- Update client IT Documentation and Intranet knowledgebase
- Assist with deployment and troubleshooting of network infrastructure systems including LANs, WANs, VPNs, Firewalls and Enterprise WiFi
- Diagnose and repair computers and peripherals, and handle related warranty requests
- Research, test, and deploy various new technologies for our customer base
- Procure and commission new computers Win/Mac for end-users
- Respond to various admin requests such as creating user accounts, adding users to groups, modifying permissions, etc.
- Contact vendors on behalf of clients
- Assist with internal administrative functions such as purchasing, coordinating vendor accounts, and development of internal systems
Required Personal Skills:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Polished writing skills for concise email correspondence with customers
- Detail oriented mindset with a systematic approach to problem solving
- Reliable, punctual and personable
- Enthusiasm and an open mind to explore new technology
- Self starting, resourceful and able to work independently or with a team
- Proficiency with Google Apps Suite
- Strong familiarity with installing and troubleshooting OSX and Windows. Note that 80% of our customer user base is on Mac, so strong proficiency on OSX is a must.
- Fundamental understanding of network concepts and protocols such as DNS, DHCP, Email, SAML, the OSI Model and TCP/IP protocols and applications.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have own transportation
- 2 years experience in the IT Service industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an IT related field
- Experience with scripting or programming
- Industry certifications such as Apple, Cisco, Information Security, etc.
- This is a full-time position
- Hourly wage or annual salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Health and Dental Insurance benefits
- Ability to work remotely upon request
To apply, please submit resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org