IT Technician / Help Desk Specialist
Tech Team | Aptos, CA
Modern Mechanic is a managed IT service and consulting firm providing valuable expertise to business customers in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our customers range from established small businesses to rapidly growing tech startups. We offer a broad range of services from physical network construction to robust A/V collaboration systems, operational optimization, and everything in between. Our company values straightforward communication, impeccable organization and an enthusiasm for cutting edge technology.
IT TECHNICIAN / HELP DESK SPECIALIST
Modern Mechanic is seeking an IT Technician / Help Desk Specialist to support client operations across the Bay Area. As an IT Technician you will help to provide support for end-users, research and test new tools, commission new computers and assist with the deployment of Network Infrastructure and A/V Systems.
• Provide Help Desk support for end-users via remote login or occasional on-site visits
• Update client IT Documentation and Intranet knowledgebase
• Assist with deployment and troubleshooting of network infrastructure systems including LANs, WANs, VPNs, Firewalls and Enterprise WiFi
• Diagnose and repair computers and peripherals, and handle related warranty requests
• Research, test, and deploy various new technologies for our customer base
• Procure and commission new computers Win/Mac for end-users
• Respond to various admin requests such as creating user accounts, adding users to groups, modifying permissions, etc.
• Contact vendors on behalf of clients
• Assist with internal administrative functions such as purchasing, coordinating vendor accounts, and development of internal systems
Required Personal Skills:
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Polished writing skills for concise email correspondence with customers
• Detail oriented mindset with a systematic approach to problem solving
• Reliable, punctual, honest and personable
• Enthusiasm and an open mind to explore new technology
• Self starting, resourceful and able to work independently or with a team
• Proficiency with Google Apps Suite
• Fundamental understanding of basic Networking / OSI model
• Sound familiarity with Windows and OSX
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must have own transportation
• 2 years experience in the IT Support industry is preferred
• This is a full-time or part-time flexible position - minimum of 20/hrs week
• Hourly wage or annual salary commensurate with skills and experience
• Ability to work remotely upon request
To apply, please submit resume in PDF format to email@example.com